Sunday, March 8, 2009

Web 2.0 Reflection

Many of the communication devices available for use on the internet are still perplexing and unfamiliar to me. I am familiear with blogging, but the others are somewhat vague to me. I do see the benefit of some in an educational setting to enhance the learning experience, but I feel for some I would need more experience to utilize them. As I have mentioned several times before, I feel a strong need to educate myself with respect to technology in order to provide a foundation for my students to suceed in our modern society. Since I can understand blogging, I will address it. I feel like most students would benefit if they were able to more effectively commnunicate with their peers in many circumstances. When they are assinged projects and assingments, they could greatly benefit from a collarboration effort. If they could make comments on a blogger account, they could help others and themselves while away from the school setting. Their blogging would need to be monitored by teachers to make sure that it is kept appropriate and no cheating takes place. I feel like some of the other options could also be beneficial such as wiki spaces and podcasts. It is liberating to see so much available to todays students, but we need to act fast to keep up with our changing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers