Sunday, March 1, 2009

UEN Reflection

UEN Reflection
I was at first apprehensive about this week’s assignment, but after getting started, I became increasingly curious and excited about the UEN experience. I had no idea that there was such an informational and unique site available to teachers and students.
I felt like the pioneer library offered students and teachers exceptional information to be utilized for many various activities and projects. For younger students, the “searchasaurus” provided many fun facts and activities. For both younger and older students, there are pages full of information for reports, projects, and for just plain fun. In my future classroom, I will have my students use this site for both their personal time to learn and explore as well as for providing valuable information for projects.
As I explored the main UEN page, I was fascinated at all the great interactive activities available for me to incorporate in my classroom. I feel like when my students are involved with either a report or other various projects, they will have multiple wonderful information they can access though this site. The themepark area has wonderful “hands on” activities, rich with ideas and experience. I could have groups of students work together on a particular virtual field trip and then report their experience to the rest of the class.
I also was very intrigued with the core curriculum link with the attached lessons plans offered. I thought it contained many very well written lessons plans that will offer me as an educator many enriching activities and lessons for my students. I spent quite a bit of times exploring these curriculum ideas, and lesson plans. I feel like they provide me many wonderful ideas to teach my students.
I particularly liked the “culturegram” link about students of other countries. I feel like my students can learn a lot by reading about other students around the world. This website offers them information with the touch of a button. I feel like by having them find information about students from another particular country, they can broaden their own social abilities. They will also be able to explore history in a different way by reading about many different times in our history as well as history of the world when they are able the “surf help of this site. I will most definitely utilize UEN in my future classroom because I feel like the ages” in this website. I spent some time here learning about some interesting facts in history that I wasn’t aware of. I also felt that the “world book” offered many very interesting facts about what happened on a particular day as well as other great information that could be so easily found with the it greatly help my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers