Sunday, January 25, 2009

Communication Tools/Social Networking Tools

In todays world, modern technology can effect every aspect of our lives. We would be dinosaurs if we didn't incorporate these tools into our classrooms. Since I am teaching 5th graders, they are definately old enough to participate in classroom technology. I use this strategy in order to encourage them to learn and utilize communication and social networking tools. I do not make this required due to the unfortunate situation that not all of my students and/or parents have access to this type of communication.
Although not all of my students and/or parents have technological access, fortuanately, most of them do. By providing such communication and networking tools, I am better able to keep parents informed of important dates, information and other items of business. When these items are only sent home in the form of a paper note, many parents never receive them, or some could lose the information. Most keep up on emails and other technological communication tools and I am better able to inform them of necessary information.
Since my fellow 5th grade teachers and I depend on formal collaboration, it is very useful to have such tools at our disposal. We do meet together weekly to plan and stategize over our students, curriculum and agendas, but it is very benificial to be able to otherwise commicate via these networking tools. Many concerns can't wait until our weekly face-to-face meetings, so it is imperitive that we are able to address these immediatly.
Although it would not be impossible to communicate effectively without these modern technological advances, they greatly enhance our ability to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers